The first step when you want to have a personal blog is to buy a domain with paid hosting. You might ask why have paid hosting, many free ones available when the service is no less complete.
Later, this will affect your credibility as a professional blogger, if that’s your goal to build a personal blog.
Here are some tips to consider when looking to buy a domain for personal blogs.
- Choosing a domain [dot] com will be a priority because it gives the characteristic features as a standalone company. When it comes to personal blogging should avoid such domains [dot] net [dot] biz especially [dot] info.
- An interesting domain name will make it easily remembered by visitors. Always preferred a name that represents the business you run, because a domain is your business .
- For your target keywords, buy a domain with keywords in it is a necessity. This will facilitate the guests to guess the main subject in your personal blog and is associated with the search results.
- Buy a domain name length is not a problem but the short name will be remembered about the same with a catchy name.
- Use of a hyphen (-) on the domain name is the alternative to do when you have difficulty in finding a catchy name.
- Note the branding. Someone will not like it if the brand is already incorporated into the chosen domain name personal blog.
- Personal blog if you are not targeting a specific niche, maybe your name or the location would be a good choice as long as it can be known and versatile for any subject.
Reasons to buy a domain for personal blogs is for people to visit and get to know you through and all the posts there. So it certainly will require a personal blog traffic, there is no point to have it if there is no visitor is not it? This is where the domain name will be very influential. Personal blog is closely related to personal branding, for it is wise in choosing when to buy a domain name.