Joomla is one of the most widely used. Popularity of Joomla is also the reason why Joomla be attractive targets for hackers. Here are tips and tricks to improve the security of Joomla.
- Update version of Joomla (Joomla core) / component / plugin / extension / template with the latest updates. For Joomla 1.5 users, can use the extension ” Update Manager for Joomla! “as tools.Diligent visit joomla.org website to see whether or upgrade to manambal security loopholes.
- Change database prefix default Joomla (jos_) with another prefix. To avoid hackers conduct SQL injection into joomla database, it is necessary to complicate the hackers to discover the contents of the table jos_users. By changing the prefix jos_ to another prefix. Component QTablePrefix help replacing the prefix becomes easier.
- Always just install component / plugin / extension that reliably and directly from the developers. You can access a link to a list http://docs.joomla.org/Vulnerable_Extensions_List Joomla Extension which has a gap bug / problem.
- Use CHMOD / File Permission appropriate . To file 644, while for the 755 folder. Setting file permissions can be done from the “File Manager” in cPanel using the “Change Permissions”.
- Change password cPanel and Joomla administrator login page at regular intervals . Use the password in the form of a combination of numbers, letters and signs.
- Not just disable the component / plugin / extension / template is not used, but also remove the component / plugin / extension / templates are not used .
- Secure your Joomla administrator login page with the plugin AdminExile . We can alsoprotect folders to login to Joomla admin page using the facilities ” Folder Protection “held by CPanel.
- Change the default administrator username . Joomla default username is usually ‘admin’.Replace username with the others, a combination of numbers, letters and signs are a good combination.
- If your Joomla website also allows multiple users to log in, use a captcha to login to the website .
- Backup database and files periodically .
- Protect your computer with antivirus, antispyware and firewall. Diligent update and perform periodic cleaning .
Although all of these tips and tricks to use, does not mean your Joomla site will be 100% safe from the threat of hackers. Good luck ..!